Why You Should Move to Pittsburgh
November 3rd, 2015 by Ryan Sundling
What comes to mind when you think of Pittsburgh? If the steel mills are the first thing to pop into your head, think again! The ‘Burgh is quite the up-and-comer these days. Here are some reasons to give Pittsburgh a chance:
- Some of the country’s most prominent companies thrive in Pittsburgh: from UPMC to Heinz and Bayer, from Uber to Google, there’s something for everyone. The ‘Burgh is also home to several universities, included Carnegie Mellon, Carlow, and the University of Pittsburgh (along with its law and medical schools). The opportunities are endless.
- The cost of living is far below that of other cities. A two-bedroom apartment for rent in Pittsburgh is about the same price as a small studio in other cities. Food, clothing and transportation are also more affordable. In Pittsburgh, you’ll get the city feel without the expense.
- There is so much to do in Pittsburgh that we can’t list it all here. Visit the Carnegie Museums and Science Center, take in a show in the Theater District, have fun at Kennywood and Sandcastle. Hungry? Try Mean and Potatoes downtown, Jerome Bettis’ Grille 36 on the North Shore, or Primani Bros. in the Strip District. Like the nightlife? Take a stroll down East Carson Street in the South Side or Butler Street in Lawrenceville.
- Not to brag, but we have some of the best sports teams around. Check out the Steelers, Penguins, Pirates, and let’s not forget the Panthers. You won’t be disappointed!
- Who else can say that they live in the city with the most bridges in the world? There are a total of 446 bridges within the City of Pittsburgh. Pretty cool, huh? Hey, it’s at least worth a visit! And if you do visit, definitely take the Ft. Pitt Bridge northbound into the city. The view is incredible!
Lots of other people think the ‘Burgh is great, too! For more cool stuff about Pittsburgh, check out:
Here at SkyVue, we’re proud to be the newest addition to Oakland’s vibrant community.
We’re also proud to offer the most flexible living options of any apartments in Pittsburgh, PA, ranging from studios to three bedroom units. One of the best parts about SkyVue Apartments is our fantastic central location. From here, you can easily explore all of Pittsburgh’s unique and historic neighborhoods